Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Process in Pictures

A series of pictures that shows the puppet from conception to completion in major stages.
 I forgot to photograph him when he was still a bit of plain yellow fleece with a drawn keyhole and hands and legs. So this is already after completing the legs and feet and hands.

Body completed.

Face started. Mouth inserted. He starts to come alive and have a character of his own once the eyes go on.

Gave him some hair and then I actually cut it and styled it with a side parting... Sometimes I really need ot use hairspray or something to keep the hair just so!

All done bar the shouting (and laughing and whooping and saying, "Oh! I know someone who looks just like that!"). The only other thing I did was add an arm rod for controlling and because the legs get in the way I tie the other arm with a secret string so it looks sort of like its not dead.
Fun, fun, FUN!

Now to finish my lovely simple marionettes for the market... I only have one day.... I'm sure it'll be fine!